At CCC our Mission is to “serve the homeless and those at risk of homelessness by providing safe housing, and assisting them in developing a long term plan that leads to self-sufficiency.”
Located at 207 Manhattan Avenue in Greenville, North Carolina, we are a night only emergency shelter and we accept homeless individuals who are NOT sex offenders, as space permits. You must have a state-issued photo ID, negative Covid test done within 48 hours of intake and proof of homelessness (eviction notice, letter from an agency, etc.). The shelter opens at 6pm and closes at 8am week days and 9am weekends. The office is open Monday – Thursday 8am – 4:30pm and Fridays 8am – 4pm. Other housing programs referenced above are available through an application and screening process.
Who finds themselves at our doors?
- Veterans who have protected our freedom
- Families with children who are without work due to layoffs or closures
Starting as a shelter for men only, CCC has evolved into an emergency shelter for men, women, and children; and a permanent supportive housing program for those who are disabled. CCC helps people turn their lives around by giving them hope and a desire for a better quality of life 365 days per year.
Links to Resources
- National Alliance to End Homelessness
- National Coalition for the Homeless
- US Dept of Housing and Urban Development
- Homelessness in the US: Sleep Study and Accommodation Directory